Steak with herb garlic butter
A sumptuous steak dish, cooked in garlic and fresh rosemary. Perfect served along side a salad which makes an easy go-to recipe. However you like your steak, it’ll be mouth-watering in this garlic butter!
We’ve used our Copper Base 24cm frying pan with stainless steel interior. It’s copper base heats up quickly and the aluminium core is excellent at retaining an even heat during cooking.
Written by Corin
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 1 rib eye steaks, let the steak sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before cooking
- 2-3 sprigs rosemary, washed and dried
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper
- Put the olive oil in the stainless steel frying pan and heat over high heat until hot.
- Place the steak in the centre of the frying pan. Cook until desired doneness. We cooked ours rare which took about 1.5 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the steak. Cooking with stainless steel interior pans can take some practice. For example, when cooking meat, if the pan is properly preheated and the oil is hot when the steak is added you need not move it again until it is time to turn it. The meat will seal beautifully and you will be able to lift it from the pan easily, if you try to move it too soon you run the risk of tearing the flesh. For more information check out our blog Non-stick vs Stainless Steel.
- In the last minute of cooking add a tablespoon of butter, sliced garlic and rosemary sprigs. Remove steak when done and let rest on a plate. Continue to move garlic around in the pan with rosemary for another minute or until brown, adding the additional tablespoon of butter if desired and then serve with the steaks.