Roast Chicken with Clementines
Chicken is such a versatile meat that it goes with an abundance of different flavours. One of our favourites is Roast Chicken with Clementines and its aromas are sure to get you in the Christmas spirit. The mustard, thyme, and fennel running through the dish lift the flavours and distinguish it from other Roast Chicken dishes. It really is perfect for the festive or winter period so get cooking it for yourself!
This recipe also (deservedly) puts the spotlight on our Stainless Steel Tri-Ply 35cm Roasting Pan. We love it because it’s suitable for all hob types, including induction. It is also oven safe up to 260°C. We are proud to offer a lifetime guarantee and know you will love it as much as we do so why not treat yourself?
Written by Eliza
Ingredients for Roast Chicken with Clementines
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 100ml of Pernod
- Juice of ½ an orange
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 2 tbsp grain mustard
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 large onion, peeled with the root left intact and cut into wedges
- 1 medium fennel bulb cut into 6 wedges
- 3 sticks of celery
- 1.2 kg chicken
- 4 clementines, unpeeled and sliced horizontally into thick slices
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley, to serve
- Salt and black pepper
We have four fantastic ranges and so see what we love about each of them here. If you’re looking for Christmas gift ideas, make sure to check out our Gift Guide because it’s always nice to treat yourself or a foodie loved one.
Cooking Method for Roast Chicken with Clementines
- Firstly, in a mixing bowl whisk the olive oil, Pernod, orange juice, lemon juice, mustard and honey and then season generously with salt and black pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and leave it for a couple of hours to let the flavours develop.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas mark 7.
- In a Stainless Steel Tri-Ply Roasting Pan, place the celery sticks in the middle and then sit the chicken on top. Next, place the remaining vegetables around it and sprinkle with fennel seeds and any marinade around the chicken.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then lower the heat to 190°C and cook for 45 minutes, until the chicken is golden and cooked through. Once it is, you can remove it from the oven.
- Lift the chicken, fennel and clementines from the tray and then arrange them on a serving plate before covering to keep warm.
- If you wish to reduce the sauce, then pour it into a ProWare saucepan and bring it to the boil.
- Simmer until the sauce is reduced by a third, so you are left with about 80ml. Pour the hot sauce over the chicken, garnish with some chopped parsley and serve.
Thank you to the fantastic team at My Father’s Heart for allowing us to take over their beautiful showroom to showcase this recipe.