We are thrilled to share this recipe for American Style Pancakes. They are fluffy and light and topped with crispy bacon, banana and a generous drizzle of maple syrup, just how they should be!
Recipe Courtesy of Paul Foster owner of Salt Restaurant
Tips on how to make the perfect pancake click HERE
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 270g Plain Flour
- 10g Bicarbonate of soda
- 30g Salted Butter – Melted
- 2 Tablespoons Soft Light Brown Sugar
- 150ml Whole Milk
- 150ml Buttermilk
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 8 Rashers of Smoked Streaky Bacon
- 100% Maple Syrup
- 1 Banana
- 100g Clarified Butter
- Gently melt the butter over a low heat in a small sauce pan.
- Sift the flour, sugar and Bi Carbonate of soda together into a mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs and start to mix to a paste with a whisk, slowly add the milk, mixing to incorporate all of the ingredients.
- Once all of the ingredients are mixed and a smooth batter, whisk in the melted butter. Leave the mix to stand for a few minutes before using.
- Gently heat your ProWare 20cm non-stick frying pan over a moderate heat.
- Add a small amount of the clarified butter and ladle in the mix to cover the entire base of the pan.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on one side and then flip and cook for a further minute.
- Pre-heat your oven to 200ºC/400ºF/Gas Mark 6.
- Line a tray with some tin foil and lie the rashers of back on there.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until crispy. Alternatively, you can grill the rashers of bacon until crispy.
Peel and slice the banana, stack the warm pancakes and top with the hot crispy bacon, top with a few slices of banana and drizzle generously with Maple Syrup.