Ve-Du-Ya Cauliflower Traybake
Have you tried one of newest Belazu flavours? Ve-du-ya is an exciting vegan take on the classic ‘nduja. It is a rich and spicy blend of calabrian chillies and sweet peppers.
Here’s how to use it:
- Sprinkle on to pizza as a topping
- Coat vegetables and roast for a spicy kick
- Perfect as a base for a vegan ragu
- As a cooking paste to add heat to a recipe
- As a filling for sandwiches
We’ve decided to use it in a traybake, mixing it with a can of coconut milk, creating the perfect sauce to be served with rice or flatbread. This recipe is in keeping with our recent #InternationalEndFoodWasteDay campaigns. Rather than discarding the cauliflower leaves and stem, you chop them up and add them into the roasting pan, which adds a brilliant texture and crunch to the dish.
Written by Corin
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into small florets and stalk roughly chopped
- Leaves from the cauliflower, finely chopped
- 220g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 5cm fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 200g frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons Ve-Du-Ya – vegan ‘nduja paste by Belazu
- 1 x 400g can of coconut milk
- 100g spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1 handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Rice or flatbreads
- Preheat the oven to 200C fan/220C/ gas 7.
- Mix the three tablespoons of Ve-Du-Ya and olive oil together in a small bowl.
- After prepping the vegetables as per the ingredients list above, mix everything together in the roasting tin except for the coconut milk and spinach.
- Now incorporate the Ve-Du-Ya & olive oil mixture in the roasting pan with the vegetables, making sure cover the vegetables evenly.
- Transfer the roasting pan to the oven to roast for 20 minutes.
- Stir through the chopped spinach and coconut milk and let cook for a further 10 minutes or until the cauliflower is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and re-check seasoning adding more salt if desired.
- Plate with rice or flatbreads and serve with a wedge of lime and a scattering of coriander.