The Perfect Roast PotatoesComments Off on The Perfect Roast Potatoes
Yes, we know it’s a bold claim, but we really are bringing you the perfect roast potatoes. Rosemary really lifts any roast potato dish, but we recommend sourcing some fresh rosemary if you can (we’ve invested in a rosemary plant because they are so hardy!)
We all think we have the perfect roast potato recipe but, what’s great about this one, is that it’s vegetarian and vegan-friendly! So, if you don’t believe us, cook them up yourself and let us know what you think.
Written by Eliza
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking time: 45-55 minutes
Ingredients for the Perfect Roast Potatoes
- 75ml sunflower oil
- 2kg floury potatoes, maris piper work well
- 2 tbsp finely chopped rosemary
- Good pinch of sea salt
This recipe features our newest range, Stainless Steel Base, so find out what we love about it here and don’t forget to check out our other ranges too.
Cooking Method for our the Perfect Roast Potatoes
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Pour the oil into a large roasting tin and then put in the oven to heat up.
- Peel the potatoes and chop them into large even chunks (about 5cm). Place in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Season with a generous pinch of salt, and bring to the boil. Simmer for 4-5 minutes until the potatoes are just tender around the edges.
- Once they are ready, you can drain them and return them to the pan. Cover with the lid and give the pan a good shake to rough up the edges (one of our favourite things about our Stainless Steel Base and Copper Base ranges is the vented, glass lids… you can see just how fluffy your potatoes are!)
- Take the roasting tin of hot oil out of the oven, and then carefully transfer the potatoes one by one to the hot oil, and turn each one to coat it on all sides as you go.
- Roast for 45-55 minutes, turning once or twice during cooking, then season with salt chopped rosemary and serve.
Thank you to the fantastic team at My Father’s Heart for allowing us to take over their beautiful showroom to showcase this recipe.