Artichoke Orzotto with Toasted Pine Nuts by Great British ChefsLeave a Comment
We are delighted to bring you this comforting main course recipe of Artichoke Orzotto with Toasted Pine Nuts. It’s so easy to prepare and the orzo is a wonderful alternative to rice.
Recipe Courtesy of Great British Chefs
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 280g of artichoke hearts, (approx. 1 jar of marinated artichokes in oil)
- 70g of unsalted butter
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 150ml of white wine
- 300g of orzo
- 800ml of vegetable stock
- 1 handful of soft herbs, chopped (we used parsley, chives and tarragon)
- 80g of Parmesan, grated
- 1 lemon, zested
- Melt 20g of the butter in a saucepan and sweat the leeks and garlic until soft but without colour. Add a pinch of salt.
- Add the orzo to the pan followed by the wine. Reduce by half.
- Once the wine has reduced, add the warm stock, a ladle at a time, until the orzo is cooked through. Wait for the stock to be absorbed by the orzo before adding another.
- As the orzo is cooking, place two-thirds of the artichokes in a blender along with the oil. Reserve the remaining third to fold through at the end. Blend the the artichokes to a smooth and creamy purée, adding a splash of water if needed. Taste and season with salt.
- Once the orzo is just cooked, fold through the puree and stir through until warmed.
- Turn off the heat and fold through the Parmesan and remaining butter. Place a lid on the pan and leave to sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- As the risotto rests, toast a handful of pine nuts in a hot dry pan until golden.
- To finish, stir through plenty of fresh herbs and some lemon zest and garnish with the toasted pine nuts.