Spiced Rice Pudding with Pistachios, Raspberries and Date SyrupComments Off on Spiced Rice Pudding with Pistachios, Raspberries and Date Syrup
Ready to go in 30 minutes, this dessert is versatile, punchy, and will leave you wanting more! Low maintenance, with a simmer time of 25 minutes, this Spiced Rice Pudding with Pistachios, Raspberries and Date Syrup can be adapted to suit your tastes. We love cinnamon, cardamom and nutmeg, but why not add bananas or dessicated coconut? Great for a post Sunday Roast dessert, or a weeknight treat, cook it up now!
We used whole milk and double cream but you could make it vegan with nut or oat milk and vegan cream! The double cream is also optional so leave it out for a healthier alternative!
We used our Stainless Steel Base Milk Pan for this recipe. Check out all the things we love about the range here.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 600ml whole milk
- 100g pudding rice
- 1x cinnamon stick
- 30g caster sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg (pinch)
- ⅛ tsp ground clove (pinch)
- pinch of salt
- 100ml double cream (optional)
- 40g pistachios, chopped
- 1 tsp dried rose petals
- 20 raspberries
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp date syrup
- Stainless Steel Base 14cm Non-Stick Milk Pan
- Chopping board
- Wooden spoon
- Place the milk in a medium saucepan and add the rice, sugar and cinnamon stick, spices and vanilla essence and salt. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a low, gentle simmer stirring regularly for 25 mins or until the rice has absorbed most of the milk.
- Take off the heat, remove the cinnamon stick and stir in the double cream
- Garnish with the pistachios, dried rose petals, raspberries and grate over the orange zest. Drizzle over the date syrup
If you add your own toppings, we’d love to hear about the changes you make. Get in touch on our social media pages!