Smoked Mackerel, Spinach and Pea Risotto by BBQ ExplorersComments Off on Smoked Mackerel, Spinach and Pea Risotto by BBQ Explorers
BBQ Explorers are back with their latest BBQ recipe… risotto! If you’ve never cooked a risotto on the BBQ then what are you waiting for? Be guided through this Smoked Mackerel, Spinach and Pea Risotto by BBQ Explorers. Mackerel can be substituted for other smoked fish to suit your tastes and risotto is also a great recipe for batch cooking!
“Risotto is such a versatile dish and can be customised with various ingredients. This recipe is an autumnal family favourite in our house and can be cooked on a bbq or in your kitchen.
It’s delicious, packed with flavour and easy to make. The Proware Kitchen Stainless Steel Tri-Ply Sauté Pan is ideal for creating this tasty dish in an outdoor cooking environment.”Neal Ashford, BBQ Explorers
Ingredients for the Smoked Mackerel, Spinach and Pea Risotto
- 75g unsalted butter
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 400g risotto rice
- 150ml white wine
- 1.5 litres of fish stock
- 280g smoked mackerel
- 4 spring onions
- 110g spinach
- 150g frozen peas
- Heat the butter in the sauté pan and then fry the onions for five minutes until softened. Stir in the risotto rice and mix with the butter for a couple of minutes before adding the white wine. Keep stirring until most of the alcohol has disappeared.
- Add about half a litre of the fish stock to the pan and then let it gently simmer for 15 minutes. Add the next half litre and season with salt and pepper before adding the remainder of the stock.
- When most of the stock has been absorbed by the rice, add the peas and cook them for a few minutes.
- Peel the skin away from the mackerel and tear it into pieces. Then, add the mackerel to the risotto and cook it for a couple of minutes.
- Finally, add the spinach and let it wilt a bit before taking it off the bbq.
- Serve immediately, garnish with the spring onions and add parmesan cheese if you think it needs additional flavour.
Enjoy this fantastic recipe and check out BBQ Explorers’ other recipes on our website because there is something for every occasion! If you liked their Smoked Mackerel, Spinach and Pea Risotto, make sure take a look at the paella!