Charred Hispi Cabbage with a Hazelnut and Stilton CrumbComments Off on Charred Hispi Cabbage with a Hazelnut and Stilton Crumb
You may have had hispi cabbage before, but have you had Charred Hispi Cabbage with a Hazelnut and Stilton Crumb? This recipe is the perfect example of how to jazz up a vegetable for a suitably festive side dish.
Cabbages are in season all year round in the UK so it’s even a great side dish to add to any roast dinner from January to December!
Written by Eliza
Ingredients for Charred Hispi Cabbage with a Hazelnut and Stilton Crumb
- 1 large hispi, pointed or sweetheart, cabbage
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 60g hazelnuts, blanched and chopped
- 25g butter
- 40g breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 50g stilton
- Stainless Steel Tri-Ply 20cm Non-Stick Frying Pan (oven safe to 200°C)
- Stainless Steel Tri-Ply 20cm Stainless Steel Interior Frying Pan (oven safe to 260°C)
We also offer 24cm frying pans in the same range. Check out what we love most about this range here and don’t forget that if you buy a set of any two frying pans from this range, you can get 10% off! Buy now.
Cooking Method for our Charred Hispi Cabbage with a Hazelnut and Stilton Crumb
- Firstly, heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- Remove any damaged outer leaves from the cabbage and cut it into four to six wedges, but keeping the core intact so the leaves stay together.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp of the oil over the wedges and massage into the leaves before sprinkling over a pinch of sea salt.
- Add some oil to the non-stick frying pan and heat over medium heat until it’s hot, but not smoking. Sear the wedges, cut-side down, for 6-8 mins until blackened and charred, and then turn them over and cook on the other side for another 6-8 mins until they get a really good, dark brown crust.
- Transfer to a baking tray, cut-side up, and roast for 10-15 mins until the stalks are tender when pierced with a knife, or transfer to a cooler place on the barbecue and cook until the stalks are tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in the stainless steel interior frying pan. Fry the-hazelnuts and breadcrumbs for 2-3 mins until the hazelnuts smell nutty and the breadcrumbs toast.
- Add the butter, and stir for a few mins to coat. Stir in the parsley with some seasoning, then pour over the cabbage and dot with Stilton. Return to the oven for 5 mins until the Stilton has melted.
Thank you to the fantastic team at My Father’s Heart for allowing us to take over their beautiful showroom to showcase this recipe.