Sourdough Crumpets by JöroComments Off on Sourdough Crumpets by Jöro
Jöro‘s Chef Director Luke French has created this delicious recipe for us for sourdough crumpets.
Resting time: overnight 8-10 hours
- ProWare non-stick frying pan
- Metal crumpet rings
- 270g sourdough starter
- 10g Sheffield Heather Honey
- 2g table salt
- 2g bicarbonate of soda
- Mix the starter, honey, and salt together. Stir, then allow the starter to ferment overnight, 8-10 hours.
- Rub your ProWare Pan and metal crumpet rings with a little smoked butter, then place over a medium heat. It is pretty easy to burn the bottom of the crumpets if you’re not too careful, be ready to adjust the temperature – you want the pan to be hot but not smoking hot!
- Stir the bicarbonate of soda into the sourdough mixture – It will start bubbling quite quickly.
- When the pan and rings are hot, carefully spoon the mixture into them, leaving a little gap at the top to allow for the crumpet mixture to rise.
- When the edges are cooked, remove the crumpets from the rings and flip them over and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- We serve ours with Miso Cultured butter