Sweet Potato Mash
Our recipe for sweet potato mash is a wonderful alternative to regular mash. Slightly lighter than normal mash and with a kick of spice it’s perfect with grilled meat dishes.
Serves: 4 as an accompaniment
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 5 large sweet potatoes (800g), peeled & chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 50g butter
- Salt for seasoning
- Fill a medium sauce pan with water, add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil.
- Peel and chop sweet potatoes into 1 inch pieces.
- Place the sweet potato pieces in the saucepan to cook until they fall easily when pierced by a fork.
- Meanwhile, take leaves from rosemary sprigs and chop finely leaving the woody parts out.
- Finely chop garlic and chilli.
- Heat butter in small saucepan and when melted add rosemary, chilli and garlic.
- Cook over a medium heat stirring from time to time until the garlic begins to colour. Then remove from heat.
- Once sweet potatoes are cooked drain and then mash. Then mix in the garlic, chilli & rosemary butter. Check seasoning and serve.