This simple apple sauce is a fabulously festive condiment, perfect for serving alongside pork. It is finished with a very simple lemon twist and crumbly, dried lemon zest! It will keep in the fridge for a few days and will freeze for months so can easily be made in advance.
Written by Faye
Makes approximately: 300-500g depending on the size of your apples
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 6 minutes
- 3 cooking apples, peeled, cored and quartered
- 3 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
- Juice of one lemon
- Zest of one lemon
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Place the cooking apples and sugar into a microwaveable dish with a splash of water.
- Cover the dish and microwave on a high heat for 4 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice to taste. If necessary, add a little more sugar.
- Put the lemon zest onto an oven proof dish and dry in the oven for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Crumble the zest over the top of the sauce, adding a lemon twist to garnish.