Here is another great recipe from one of the runners-up in our Autumn recipe competition, Michelle, with her Autumnal version of the breakfast Rosti!
This is why this is Michelle’s favourite recipe:
We LOVE a good hearty breakfast. Anything warm and comforting on a cool Autumn morning. It starts your day off well and gives you a spring in your step whilst being healthy!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Copper Tri-ply 24cm Frying Pan
- Mixing bowl
- Baking tray
For the rostis:
- 2 parsnips, peeled and grated
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 potato, peeled and grated
- 1 small, red onion, diced
- Fresh parsley, handful, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons white gluten-free flour
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil or butter for cooking
For the accompaniment:
- Cherry tomatoes, handful
- Balsamic vinegar, splash
- Spinach, handful
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- Heat a pan and add the olive oil or butter.
- Put heaped spoonfuls of the mixture into the pan and pat down to form a nice patty, cook for about 2 minutes until brown, flip and repeat on the other side.
- When both sides are browned place on a baking tray and put in the oven for about 5 minutes while you prepare the accompaniments.
- While waiting for the rostis to cook, place the cherry tomatoes in the pan and cook for a couple of minutes until they start to blister.
- Add a splash of balsamic vinegar, turn off the heat and add the spinach.
- Prepare the poached egg and then serve with the rostis and cherry tomatoes. Heaven!