Pickled Vegetables by Jöro
This recipe for quick pickled vegetables is effortless, but the end result is a refreshing addition to any plate. Jöro serve these vegetables alongside their Cured Wild Sea Trout recipe and they complement the fish wonderfully. This type of pickling doesn’t require canning, as you tend to use them with a week or so. In addition to this, you can adapt this recipe to use pretty much any vegetable you would like.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Resting time: 1 day
- 300g white wine vinegar
- 200g water
- 100g caster sugar
- 10g dried kombu seaweed (available from health food shops mostly)
- 1 carrot
- 5 baby onions
- 1 leek, white/light green part only discarding the dark green tops
- 1 turnip
- (any vegetables you like really!)
- table salt
- Place the vinegar, water, seaweed and sugar in a pan and bring to the boil, season with a pinch of salt to taste.
- Meanwhile, clean and peel the vegetables and cut into desired shapes.
- Once the pickling liquid has come to the boil, remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly, before pouring over the vegetables, then leave to pickle for at least 1 day before using.