Green Peppercorn Sauce for Steak by Leiths
Impress guests with this classic sauce made from green peppercorns. It’s a perfect accompaniment to steak and couldn’t be quicker to make.
Thank you to Leiths School of Food and Wine for sharing it with us.
Prep time: 1 minute
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
- 2 teaspoons canned or frozen green peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons brandy per steak
- 2 tablespoons double cream per steak
- Rinse the peppercorns if they are canned.
- Pour a little oil into a frying pan. Heat until hot. Fry a steak of your choice fast on both sides, until done to your liking.
- Remove steak onto warmed serving dish and carefully remove fat from the pan.
- Deglaze the pan with 2 tbsp water and pour deglaze into heat proof dish and reserve for later.
- Take care when adding the brandy as it may produce flames. Pour in the brandy for one steak, flambé then add the reserved deglaze.
- Add the peppercorns, cream and a pinch or two of salt to the pan. Mix well, scraping up any juices stuck to the bottom of the pan. Boil and pour over the steak.