It’s British Sandwich Week from 19th-26th May and what better way to celebrate our iconic culinary invention than with a finger licking toastie. The addition of flavourful Kimchi and thinly sliced Bramley apple transforms your typical cheese toastie into a unique and tasty sandwich. You can use Granny Smiths or Golden Delicious apples if you prefer.
Go ahead and make it, I guarantee you’ll love it and be making it again, and again.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 4 slices of white bread
- Approximately 200g Kimchi, stop bought or homemade
- 300g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 Bramley apple or similar, cored and thinly sliced
- Butter for frying
- For each sandwich, spread butter on the outside of the bread making sure to spread evenly and to the edges.
- Layer the apple, Kimchi and cheese onto one piece of the bread and top with the other slice of bread.
- Heat a 26cm Sauté Pan over medium heat, add a knob of butter or a touch of some veg oil to the pan and make sure it is hot. Carefully place your sandwich into the pan, it should sizzle. Let it sizzle for a minute or until lightly browned, then cover with the lid, lower the heat to enable the cheese to melt.
- After a few minutes carefully flip the sandwich and allow the other side to brown.
- Serve with a garnish of Kimchi in our beautiful mini pan and apple slices.