We are delighted to share this recipe with you for Bonfire Bangers which is the perfect autumnal recipe for our Copper Tri-Ply Sauté Pan. The free-range pork from field&flower is reared outside all year round. Simon Price, a fourth-generation farmer practices the highest animal welfare standards and is recognised by RSPCA Freedom Foods. His pigs are allowed to grow slowly in a natural environment which gives exceptional tasting pork.
Recipe Courtesy of field&flower
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour – 1 hour 15 minutes
- 4 rashers field&flower Unsmoked Streaky Bacon
- 1 x pack field&flower Pork, Sage & Black Pepper Sausages
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 celery stick, finely sliced
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 400g cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 500ml tomato passata
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 3 bay leaves
- Chopped parsley, optional
- Heat the oven to 190C/170C fan/Gas Mark 5. Toss the sausages in a little olive oil and spread out on a baking tray. Cook for 30 minutes until browned all over, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a sauté pan. Add the onion, celery, red pepper and bacon and cook for 5-10 minutes until the onion is softened and the bacon is cooked. Add the garlic and chilli flakes and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, passata, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaves and sugar. Bring to the boil and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the beans and simmer for 15 minutes longer, topping with a little boiling water if the mixture reduces too much.
- Nestle the cooked sausages into the bean mixture and place into the oven, cooking for 30 minutes more. Once cooked and bubbling all over, remove from the oven.
- Sprinkle with parsley (if using) and serve with crusty bread.