These nuts are so tasty – lightly coated, sweet and delicious smelling. They are perfect for Christmas entertaining as they are quick and easy to prepare and can be made ahead of time too, or make them as a quick snack just for yourself.
Nuts are in season in December, in particular almonds, walnuts and of course chestnuts so I’m entering this recipe in Ren Behan’s Simple and In Season December event.
Written by Faye
Rosemary Roasted Nuts
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
- 500g Mixed nuts
- 250g Butter
- 1/8 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 bunch Fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 50g Soft light brown sugar
- Salt to taste
- Copper Base 18cm Saucepan
- Wooden spoon
- Melt the butter over a medium to high heat until the butter starts to foam. Add the nuts and lower the heat slightly.
- Stir the nuts constantly so that the nuts colour all over.
- When the nuts have browned, about 4 minutes add the paprika, cayenne and rosemary, along with a little salt and mix well.
- Then sprinkle the brown sugar over and mix well. Remove from the heat and check the seasoning.
- Then drain the nuts through a colander and allow cool. Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with a little salt over the top and enjoy!