Our recipe for macaroni cheese is an indulgent take on everyone’s favourite comfort food. It is full of cheesy goodness and served in our Copper Tri-Ply Mini Pans, the perfect accompaniment to any meal.
Serves: 4 as an accompaniment
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 50g butter
- 40g plain flour
- 600ml full fat milk
- 50g Pecorino cheese, grated
- 100g macaroni tubes
- 2 egg yolks, whisked
- 25g Parmesan cheese or vegetarian substitute, grated
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 4x Copper Tri-Ply Mini Pans for serving
- Milk Pan
- Large Saucepan
- Parmesan or Cheese Grater
- Chopping board
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- For the béchamel sauce, in a milk pan melt the butter and stir in the flour. Cook for around a minute on a low heat to avoid browning the mixture.
- Add the milk in four stages, each time whisking the mixture until completely smooth.
- Bring the mixture back to a simmer, stirring continually to avoid any lumps being formed.
- Once the sauce has thickened add the Pecorino cheese and continue to simmer for a further 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Fill a large sauce pan with water and a pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Add the macaroni and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Drain the macaroni and then drench it with cold water.
- Combine the macaroni with the béchamel sauce and the egg yolks and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the macaroni into 4 separate mini pans, dust with the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.