Impress guests with this classic sauce made from green peppercorns. It’s a perfect accompaniment to steak and couldn’t be quicker to make.
Thank you to Leiths School of Food and Wine for sharing it with us.
Green Peppercorn Sauce for Steak by Leiths
Prep time: 1 minute
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
- 2 teaspoons canned or frozen green peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons brandy per steak
- 2 tablespoons double cream per steak
- Rinse the peppercorns if they are canned.
- Pour a little oil into a frying pan. Heat until hot. Fry a steak of your choice fast on both sides, until done to your liking.
- Remove steak onto warmed serving dish and carefully remove fat from the pan.
- Deglaze the pan with 2 tbsp water and pour deglaze into heat proof dish and reserve for later.
- Take care when adding the brandy as it may produce flames. Pour in the brandy for one steak, flambé then add the reserved deglaze.
- Add the peppercorns, cream and a pinch or two of salt to the pan. Mix well, scraping up any juices stuck to the bottom of the pan. Boil and pour over the steak.