My 5-year-old must ask for this meal 2-3 times a week. I do try and vary mealtimes a little more than that, but his demands are met at least fortnightly, if not weekly!
The recipe is so quick and easy to make, it is packed with the good stuff and is perfect for making the night before when I know we’re going to be back late from an after school club (usually football in our house!) – 10 minutes heating up while the pasta cooks and voila!
Written by Rachel
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- 1 chorizo ring, sliced
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 orange pepper, roughly chopped
- A handful of mushrooms, chopped in quarters
- 1 small tin sweetcorn, drained
- 1 large jar passata (approx. 680g)
- 400g pasta to serve
- Parmesan to serve, grated
- Chopping board
- 20cm Copper Base Saucepan
- 26cm Copper Base Sauté pan
- 1 turner
- Cheese grater
- Gently fry the sliced chorizo in the sauté pan over a medium heat. There is plenty of oil in the sausage so no need to add any extra.
- Whilst this cooks, chop the onions, peppers and mushrooms.
- When the chorizo has started to brown (5-10 minutes), drain about half of the oil from the pan and throw in the chopped vegetables. Fry for about 5 minutes.
- If you are going to eat immediately turn on the pasta at this point.
- Once the vegetables have softened, add in the jar of passata and the drained sweetcorn. Cook for a further 10 minutes to allow the flavours to fuse.
- Drain the pasta and serve topped with Chorizo pasta sauce and a dusting of grated Parmesan.